Homeowners in Boca Raton, Florida, understand why it’s important to have reliable HVAC systems to keep their homes comfortable throughout the year. If your home has hot or cold spots, or if you’ve completed a new addition to your home, your HVAC system may not be able to adequately cool or heat your home’s living spaces. Ductless mini-splits offer an energy-efficient, easy-to-install solution for your home comfort needs.
What Is a Ductless Mini-Split Air Conditioner?
As its name suggests, a ductless mini-split doesn’t require duct work to operate. This air conditioning or heat pump system consists of wall-mounted indoor units connected to an outdoor compressor. Ductless mini-split units contain inverter-driven compressors. Unlike traditional HVAC system compressors, inverter-driven compressors increase or decrease operating speed based on the system’s needs. As a result, you can reduce the amount of energy used during the compressor’s startup cycle.
What Are the Advantages of Installing a Ductless Mini-Split Air Conditioner?
A ductless mini-split unit offers several advantages for homeowners like you:
- Since a ductless mini-split air conditioner or heat pump doesn’t need duct work to operate, installing the unit is simple. Installation only requires drilling a single hole in an exterior wall. Once all of the connections between the indoor unit and exterior compressor are in place, you can sit back, relax, and enjoy the comfort you deserve.
- Are family members continually fighting for control of the thermostat? With a ductless mini-split unit, you can create independent temperature zones for personalized comfort room by room.
- You can properly size a ductless mini-split unit to cool additions to your house, such as a sun room or bedroom, without relying on your home’s main HVAC system.
- Some ductless systems offer both heating and cooling functions for year-round comfort.
- Other than regular air filter cleanings and annual system servicing, a ductless mini-split unit doesn’t require complex maintenance.
If you’re thinking about installing a ductless mini-split air conditioner in your home, talk to one of our helpful HVAC service technicians at Den-Air Air Conditioning. Call us today at (561) 533-0716.
Image provided by Shutterstock